Enjoy a delicious dessert on your next camping adventure with this simple yet delicious Campfire Apple Crisp Foil Packet Recipe.
Ideal for camping enthusiasts and nature lovers, this recipe brings a touch of homely comfort to your outdoor experiences.
Whether you’re gathered around a crackling campfire in the heart of the wilderness or enjoying a backyard bonfire, this apple crisp will be the highlight of your evening.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Easy to prepare with minimal ingredients and equipment, it’s a perfect treat for those who love to combine the simplicity of outdoor cooking with the irresistible taste of home-baked cinnamon-y desserts.
Campfire Apple Crisp Foil Packet Recipe
- 4 large apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granola or rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- Aluminum foil for packets
- Begin by preheating your campfire to a medium heat. If you’re using a grill, aim for a temperature around 350°F (175°C).
- Take four large pieces of aluminum foil and lightly grease them with butter or cooking spray. This will prevent sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss the mixture until the apples are evenly coated.
- Divide the apple mixture equally and place onto the center of each foil piece.
- In a separate bowl, mix the granola (or rolled oats), flour, and butter. Use your fingers to blend the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle this granola mixture over the apples on each foil piece.
- Carefully fold the foil over the apple mixture to create a sealed packet. Make sure the edges are tightly closed to prevent any juices from leaking.
- Place the foil packets on the campfire grill or directly on the embers, and cook for about 20 minutes. The packets should be turned halfway through cooking to ensure even heating.
- After 20 minutes, carefully open one packet to check if the apples are tender and the topping is crisp.
- Once done, remove the packets from the fire and allow them to cool for a few minutes before opening.
- Serve your Campfire Apple Crisp warm, straight from the foil for a delightful and rustic dessert experience.