Experience the delight of outdoor cooking with this Cheesy Asparagus Foil Packet Recipe, perfect for your next camping adventure. It’s a simple, mess-free way to enjoy the fresh flavors of asparagus paired with the creamy goodness of cheese.
This recipe is a testament to the simplicity and joy of campfire cooking and the flavors that can be achieved with minimal ingredients and equipment.
It’s perfect for those who appreciate the blend of natural, smoky flavors with the creamy, rich texture of melted cheese, offering a delightful eating experience under the stars.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Whether you’re a seasoned camper or a weekend outdoor enthusiast, you are going to love this cheesy asparagus treat. I just love this ChicWrap aluminum foil for cooking over a campfire and it comes with a handy dispenser . It keeps the food sealed tight and doesn’t rip so easily.
Cheesy Asparagus Foil Packet Recipe
- 2 bunches of asparagus trimmed
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chives or green onions
- Preheat your campfire or grill to medium heat.
- Lay out four large pieces of aluminum foil, enough to wrap the asparagus and create a sealed packet.
- Divide the asparagus evenly among the foil pieces. Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
- Place a tablespoon of butter on top of each asparagus bunch.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese evenly over the asparagus.
- If desired, add some chives or diced green onion
- Carefully seal the foil packets, ensuring they are well-closed but still have space for steam to circulate.
- Place the foil packets on the grill or over the campfire. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Carefully open one packet to check doneness – the asparagus should be tender and the cheese melted.
- Once cooked to your liking, remove the packets from the heat and let them sit for a minute before opening.
- Serve the cheesy asparagus directly from the foil packets or transfer to plates, and enjoy your delicious, easy-to-make camping meal!