Start your day right with these simple yet delicious Overnight Oats, a perfect breakfast for those on-the-go mornings or leisurely days alike.
This no-cook recipe features rolled oats soaked in milk or yogurt, combined with the natural sweetness of fruits, the crunchiness of nuts, and a drizzle of honey.
It’s easy to prepare and offers a nutritious blend of fiber, protein, and essential vitamins, making it an ideal meal for outdoor enthusiasts and busy professionals.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Prepare it before bed, and wake up to a creamy, flavorful breakfast waiting for you.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups milk or yogurt your choice
- 1 cup mixed fruits such as berries, bananas, apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- Mix Oats and Milk/Yogurt: In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats with your choice of milk or yogurt. Stir until the oats are fully immersed in the liquid.
- Incorporate Fruits and Nuts: Fold in half of the chopped fruits and nuts into the oat mixture, allowing them to blend flavors overnight.
- Add Honey: Pour honey over the mixture and stir well, ensuring it’s evenly distributed for a balanced sweetness.
- Refrigerate Overnight: Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator overnight, or for a minimum of 6-8 hours. This duration lets the oats absorb the liquid and soften, while the flavors meld together.
- Add Fresh Toppings: Before serving, stir the oat mixture. If it seems too thick, adjust the consistency with a bit more milk or yogurt. Top each serving with the remaining fresh fruits and nuts.
Enjoy this Overnight Oats recipe as a hassle-free, nutritious breakfast that keeps you energized and satisfied. Its combination of textures and flavors makes it a delightful morning treat, perfect for both serene nature mornings and the hustle of daily life.