Embark on a delightful culinary adventure with our Campfire Breakfast Burritos, a perfect start to any camping morning.
This recipe is not only a camper’s dream for its mouth-watering flavors but also for its practicality and ease of preparation in the great outdoors.
Savor the blend of fluffy scrambled eggs, savory sausage, and melted cheese, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Ideal for a family camping trip or a gathering with friends in the wilderness, these burritos are designed to fuel your day of outdoor activities.
Prepare to delight your taste buds and energize your camping experience with this simple yet delicious breakfast.
Campfire Breakfast Burritos
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: salsa sour cream, diced avocado, hot sauce
- Begin by beating the eggs in a bowl. Mix in the milk, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over the campfire or a portable camping stove. Add the breakfast sausage, breaking it into small pieces with a spoon. Cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Lower the heat and pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the sausage. Stir gently and cook until the eggs are scrambled and just set. Avoid overcooking.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the scrambled eggs and sausage, allowing it to melt.
- Warm the tortillas over the campfire or stove, being careful not to burn them. You want them warm and pliable.
- Assemble the burritos: Place a portion of the sausage and egg mixture onto each tortilla. Add any optional toppings like salsa, sour cream, diced avocado, or hot sauce as desired.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla in, then roll up from the bottom to enclose the filling.
- Serve the burritos warm, directly from the skillet or wrapped in foil for an on-the-go camping breakfast.